Monday, September 15, 2008

Dream Center Weeks

OK, so last week and the week before last, I call them Dream Center weeks, because I was there everyday except for Monday!!!! What we did was we gave out lunch and dinner to people!!!

We didn't do homeless breakfast on Thursday the first week, we did homeless lunch,so we went to my homeless peeps out on the levee and they were all there and doing fine!!!!! We gave them some MRE's( those things are disgusting), water,and red beans and rice!!!!!

Then on the Friday after the hurricane we went to Turner Plaza and it was really bad there!!! there were people in wheel chairs just sitting out side sweating like a dog!!!!! There was this one lady that was a regular at our Lady's Thrive so she was like our family and she was a diabetic like me and her insulin was hot and she needed more because her blood sugar was HI and that means that it is over 600, and for the adults and kids that know me and read my blog know that is really bad!!! So we got her some insulin from Dr.Sheri.

Now last week we gave out food to people that would drive up in there cars!!! What I did was give the cards to the people and tell the people about the church and that we would have dinner that night!!!!

On one of the days we gave away ice and MRE's and I gave a card and a flower to each lady in the car!!!! The lady's really loved that!!!!!

No comments: